Monday 30 May 2011

Understanding the Bible

Q   What is the BIBLE?

A   The BIBLE is a unique book - because of its

INFLUENCE

   There are many reasons why the BIBLE is unique. Among them is the BIBLE'S influence. No other book has influenced mankind the way the BIBLE has. From the Ten Commandments to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the BIBLE'S influence can be seen throughout many aspects of our everyday lives. To illustrate this, let's imagine the following conversation taking place:

Excuse me sir, but I'm conducting a survey and I was wondering if you would mind answering a few questions?
__Ok, sure, I've got some time to kill.
Thank you. Simply answer the following questions as best you can. Here's the first one. Name one character from The Iliad.
__What?
I said, name one character from...
__I heard the question, what's The Iliad?



It's a famous book.
__I'm sorry, I'm not into books. What is your next question?
Name a character from The Odyssey.
__The what?
The Odyssey.
__Is that another book?
Yes.
__I said, I don't do books!!
But sir, these are two of the most famous books of all time. They are classics written by Homer.
__Homer Simpson?
No, never mind. How about War and Peace? Can you name a character from that book?
__No!! How many times must I tell you, I don't get into books!!



Ok, one more question. Name one character from the BIBLE.
__THE BIBLE? ... I guess I could do that. Let's see...Moses!
Good.
__Noah!!
Ok, that's fine.
__Jesus!
Ok!, you don't have to go on.
__But I can think of one or two more.
That's not necessary, besides I thought you said you didn't care much for books.
__I don't.
Then how do you know these characters are in the BIBLE?
__HMM...you are right, by the way what is the survey about?
It's to demonstrate the BIBLE'S unique and enormous INFLUENCE.

   The above conversation illustrates just how much the BIBLE has actually influenced our lives, sometimes without us even realizing it! In fact for the last few thousand years the BIBLE has been influencing mankind like no other book. (This the very breathe of God).

No comments:

Post a Comment